As defined by the National Youth Policy, 2072(2015), youth means “citizens within the age bracket of 16 to 40 years”. The numbers of the Youths constitute 40.3% of the total population of Nepal which age-group keeps willingness and capacity to bring changes in the country if their energy is rightly utilized for the sake of individual, family, and country, in general. Due to lack of knowledge, motivation, opportunities, and guidance, many youths in the country are not able to find the right way in life and moving around without vision and goals. The trend proves to be good neither for an individual nor for the country. Thus, it is urgent to build the capacity of youths and engage them in capacity building and income generation activities through leadership building.
The objective of the Provincial Youth Conferences
The major objective of organizing the provincial conferences is to build the leadership capacity of scattered youths by integrating their strengths to achieve sustainable developments goals at the local level. The programs not only sharpen the individual capacity but also support to prepare the background for developing the country towards economic prosperity. The specific objectives are:
- To motivate youths to be entrepreneurs by identifying the possibilities in agriculture and tourism sectors at the local level.
- To promote the local touristic destinations and initiate for their conservation in association with the local governments.
- To localize the UN’s SDGs and support the government to achieve them in the country.
- To undertake the activities to minimize the growing impacts of climate change.
- To prepare the provincial level ‘Youth Action Plan’ and submit to the local government and partner with them in implementation.